Today is our 100th day on the road! Already more than 3 months that we started this amazing trip in Cartagena (Colombia), full of hopes and dreams. To celebrate this milestone, we are sharing a few “not that glorious” facts about the trip so far.
Lost items 🙁 so far
- 1 book
- 1 knife
- 1 pair of Havainas flip-flops
- 1 pair of headphones
- 1 pair of tights
- 1 glove (still have the second one…)
- 1 headscarf
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- a few socks (not exactly sure how many)
Tourist trap we wished we would have avoided: Shaman experience in the Ecuadorian Amazona jungle
Worst moment in these 100 days:
– Adnan “having a bad stomach while sitting on a bus for a 20h ride in Colombia”
– Amandine “In the bus between Nazca and Cusco, when we reached a mountain pass at 4600m, and I had to ask for oxygen because I was fainting”
Thing we could have got in trouble for: We passed the border between Peru and Bolivia with a few coca leaves. (You can consume them in both countries, but you can´t transport them over the border… oups).
And the journey continues… We travelled more than 10.000km so far and we only saw a fraction of the continent!